Home Current Affairs & GK
- Covid-19 cases in India jumps to 8356, After Maharastra, Delhi crosses 1000 positive cases.
- 10 foreigners made to write ‘sorry’ 500 times for violating lockdown in Rishikesh, India.
- Italy reports lowest COVID19 death toll in over three weeks.
- The United States records Highest Global COVID19 deaths as count crosses 20,000.
- People’s Bank of china pick up 1% stake in HDFC (1.75 crore shares)
- Sir Stirling Moss, one of greatest British F1 racer dies aged 90.
- New Ozone Hole above Arctic Sparks Fresh Concern.
- Covid-19 crisis led to Rs 4,000-cr fresh NPAs: PNB MD CEO Mallikarjuna Rao.
March 13 in History
- 1204 Crusaders occupy Constantinople
- 1241 Battle of Theiss: Mongols beat Hungarian King Béla IV
- 1517 Ottoman army occupies Cairo
- 1868 Abyssinian War ends as British and Indian troops capture Magdala and Ethiopian Emperor Tewodros II commits suicide
- 1943 Nazis discover the mass grave of Polish officers near Katyn
- 1948 75 scientists ambushed on way to Mount Scopus
- 1970 Apollo 13 announces “Okay, Houston, we’ve had a problem here”, as Beech-built oxygen tank explodes en route to Moon
- 1941 Annie Jump Cannon, American female astronomer who invented the stellar classification system, dies at 77.