1. HTML stands for ___________
A. Hypo text made up language
B. Hypertext markup language
C. Heuristic language
D. Hypertext Manipulation language
2. WWW stands for ______.
A. World Wide Weapon
B. World Wide Windows
C. World Wide Web
D. World Wide Writers
3. HTTP stands for______.
A. Hypertext Transfer Protocol
B. Hypertext Transmission Protocol
C. Hyper Text Transfer Program
D. Hyper text Traditional Protocol
4. ________ is known as father of World Wide Web.
A. Robert Cailliau
B. Tim Thompson
C. Charles Darwin
D. Tim Berners-Lee
5. IP stands for ________.
A. Information Provider
B. Internet Provider
C. Internet Protocol
D. Information Protocol
6. An _______ is a company that provides internet access to users or subscribers of its service.
B. Cyber net
C. Internet Provider
D. Internet Service Provider
7. The process of transferring files from a web page on the internet to your computer is called.
8. Moving from one website to another is called_
9. Verification of a login name and password is known as___________.
D. logging in
10. _________is the oldest and most popular form of communication between computers.
11. The internet supports a large system called the _____.
A. Private Network Access
B. World Wide Web
C. World Wide Access Point
D. Network Access Point
12. _______________ are set of rules and procedures for communicating.
13. Each computer connected to the internet must ______.
A. be an IBM PC
B. have an unique IP address
C. be internet compatible
D. have a modem connection
14. A homepage is __________.
A. an index of encyclopedia articles
B. where all Internet data is stored
C. required for access to the Internet
D. the first page of a website
15. Employee in an organization can use a part of the private intranet is called _____.
B. intranet private
16. ____is a document commonly written in Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) that is accessible through the Internet or other network using an internet browser.
B. Web page
C. Web Site
17. In order to upload a HTML file to a web server, you use_________
18. A web page is located using a _____.
A. Universal Record Linking
B. Uniform Resource Locator
C. Universal Record Locator
D. Uniformly Reachable Links
19. Which of the following protocol is used for WWW?
20. A webpage displays a picture. What tag was used to display that picture?
21. A piece of icon or image on a web page associated with another webpage is called____________.
22. _________ is a computer program running to serve the requests of other programs.
23. A web cookie is a small piece of data __________.
A. sent from a website and stored in users web browser while a user is browsing a website
B. sent from user and stored in the server while a user is browsing a website
C. sent from root server to all servers
D. none of the mentioned
24. ________ programs are automatically loaded and operates as a part of browser.
25. A website’s _____ structure is more important to a user than its physical structure.
26. A site that links every page to every other page could be considered to exhibit a structured called a ______.
A. mixed form
B. mixed hierarchy
C. full mesh
D. pure tree
27. W3C is known as _______.
A. World Wide Web Consortium
B. World Wide Web Consul
C. World Wide Web Code
D. World Wide Web Command
28. _______ normally operates within the browser window.
29. ______ is an FTP search tool for the internet
C. Alta Vista
30. SMTP stands for_____________
A. Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
B. Simple Message Transfer Program
C. Simple Mode Texting Program
D. Simple Memory Transfer Protocol
31. _________________is to protect data and passwords.
32. ________ programs are automatically loaded and operates as a part of browser.
33. A _______ is a network in which the computers are connected directly, usually by some type of cable.
34. LAN stands for _____.
A. Line Access Network
B. Local Area Network
C. Limited Area Network
D. Logical Access Network
35. WAN stands for ______.
A. Word Access Net point
B. Wide Access Network
C. Wide Area Network
D. World Area Network
36. Once the email is sent, the message is broken into pieces called ___________.
37. What is the domain used for non-profitable organizations?
38. A ______ include the protocol the browser uses to access the file, server or domain name , the relative
path and the file name.
A. complete URL
B. incomplete URL
C. site URL
D. web URL
39. ______ is a device to provide a link from one network to another
40. GUI stands for _______.
A. General User Interface
B. Graphic User Interchange
C. Graphical User Interface
D. Graphical User Information
41. Voice over IP (Voice over Internet Protocol or “VoIP”) technology converts voice calls
A. analog to digital
B. digital to analog
C. it depends
D. wave to analog
42. Within the internet, each separate computer is called a ________.
43. Open standards refers to______________.
A. standards not owned by any company
B. standards used by all countries
C. standards that are free to all parties
D. software programs running on different types of operating systems
44. What is the size of an IP address?
A. 64 bit
B. 128 bit
C. 16 bit
D. 32 bit
45. ______ is the common name for collection of more than 100 protocols used to connect computers and networks.
A. Remote Access
B. Wi-Fi / Bluetooth
46. HTML stands for _______.
A. Hypertext Markup Language
B. Hyper Text Modeling Language
C. Hypertext Model Language
D. Hyper Text Multiple Language
47. TCP stands for ______.
A. Transport Condition Procedure
B. Transmission Control Protocol
C. Transfer Control Protocol
D. Tele Communication Protocol
48. Whenever crawler crawls the website then any page not having a link is called as ________.
A. dead end page
B. absolute page
C. home page
D. active page
49. ________ is a collection of web pages.
D. Web site
50. What is the correct HTML tag for inserting a line break?
1. HTML stands for ___________