Printing Technology MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 1
Printing Technology MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 2
Printing Technology MCQ Questions and Answers Part – 3
1. A quality control matter used to measure the density of printing ink is called________.
A. colour meter.
C. density gauge.
D. crome gauge.
2. ________ page by page layout indicates the position of type and art elements within a design.
3. Halftone printed in two colours made from black-and-white photograph is called as _________.
A. dot tone.
B. do tone.
C. continuous tone.
D. duo tone.
4. The earliest form of paper books was called _____________.
5. The iron press was developed in__________.
6. The Metal used for Photo engravings is ______________.
7. Preparation of art and type separations for printing on a computer is known as _______.
A. electronic prepress.
B. computer prepress.
C. electronic press.
D. computer press.
8. The unit of measurement that equals the square of a type point is _______.
9. The first halftone printing process was patented in _____________.
10. Tolbert Lanston invented ________________.
A. desktop publishing.
B. monotype machine
C. linotype machine.
D. lithographic machine.
11. Printing from a raised surface is termed as______________.
A. transfer printing.
B. exposure printing.
C. relief printing.
D. captivity printing.
12. The other name for Lithography is _____________.
A. flat printing.
B. straight printing.
13. Letter press is ________________.
A. web fed.
B. sheet fed
14. The hard cover of books is made out of ________________.
A. binding boards.
B. metal Sheets.
C. leather Sheets.
15. Design specifications written on dummy or on manuscript copy are called_________________.
16. The final proof is also termed ________________.
A. last proof.
B. count down.
C. page proof.
D. okay proof.
17. The process of making four-colour separations analysed by a computer is _________.
A. colour scanning.
B. colour separation
C. electronic printing.
D. colour printmaking.
18. When a printing surface is on a lower level than the non-printing surface is known as ______.
19. Ottmar Mergenthaler invented______________.
A. monotype machine
B. linotype machine
20. Thumbnail sketch is a ______________.
A. miniature draft
B. rough draft
C. fair draft
21. A blank printing unit for spacing is _________________.
22. Reversing the colour values to have a white letter on a black background is called _______.
A. black letter.
C. reverse plate.
D. white letter.
23. Colour printing was invented in Mainz in the year __________.
24. The printing press was introduced in India during _____________.
A. the thirteenth century.
B. the fourteenth century.
C. the fifteenth century.
D. the sixteenth century.
25. The first illustrated book called the Book of fables was printed in the year ________.
26. The lithography process was invented by______________.
A. Alois Senefelder
B. Tolbert Lanston
27. Pixels are ______________.
A. dots of ink from an inkjet printer.
B. dots on the screen arranged in rows
C. points of light used by a cordless, wireless, optical mouse.
D. points on the end of PDA handheld devices.
28. Software that allows a user to paint pixels on the screen using a pointing device is known as ______________.
A. painting software
B. palette software
C. bitmapped software
D. raster graphics software.
29. A bit can contain one of two possible values,______________.
A. 0 or 1
B. 8 or 16
C. 1or 2
D. A or B
30. Indicating type in a layout by simulating the shapes of letters without real words______.
31. Every copy will have an identification called ______________.
32. The printing section of a newspaper will always be in the ______________.
B. ground floor.
C. first floor.
D. second floor.
33. The density of pixels on a screen is known as______________.
C. Type ruler.
34. The principle of halftone printing was invented by _______.
A. William Henry Fox Tabolt.
B. Tolbert Lanston.
C. Ottmar Mergenthaler.
D. Karl Klic.
35. The principle of halftone printing was invented in the year __________.
36. The folio Shows ______________.
A. volume number.
B. page number.
C. editors name.
D. place of publication.
37. A digital photograph is a——————————
A. raster graphic
B. bitmapped image
C. raster image
38. Colour printing was invented in Mainz by _______________.
A. Johann Fust and Peter Schoffer.
B. William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.
C. William Hewlett and Dave Packard.
D. Franklin McCoy and Tyrone McCoy.
39. Bitmapped files are usually—————————
A. large in size
B. smaller in size
C. zipped image
D. very quick and easy to transfer
40. A printing imposition that contains materials to be printed on both sides is called as _________.
A. work and turn.
B. ready page.
C. flat page.
D. double plate.
41. Software that stores lines and shapes rather than individual pixels is known as————————
A. vector graphics software
B. raster graphics software
C. photo database software
D. resolution software
42. The thin paper used for making carbon copies is known as _______________.
B. thin sheet.
D. copy paper
43. The history of early printing press in India is associated with _______________.
A. invaders of India.
B. Christian missionaries.
C. travellers of India.
D. east India Company.
44. Point system refers to unit of measurement___________.
45. The first Indian script for which types were made was______________.
46. Litepen is a modern gadget that is used to ________________.
A. draw on the blackboard.
B. draw in computer.
C. pen with a lamp in the tip.
D. lamp with a pen in the end.
47. Previously drawn images that artists can legally use in their own work are known as:
A. copy art
B. clip art
D. free art
48. Register marks guide printer_______________.
A. in letterpress.
B. to design the page.
C. seat individual colours perfectly.
49. A technique in which the background gradually fades away to the surface of the paper is _______.
B. fade in.
C. fade out.
50. The paper that lacks chemical coating for smoothness is called _________.
A. rough paper.
B. non-coated paper.
C. plain paper.
D. uncoated paper.